Our portable coils will expand your part testing capabilities and discontinuity detection.
L10 Magnetising Coil
110V only, 50Hz. Specifically designed to detect transverse defects in shafts, spindles and similar components.
Part number: 008C020
For more information, see the Product Data Sheet.
Closed Magnetising Coil
Number of turns: 3
- 129001: 200 mm clearance Ø
- 129002: 350 mm clearance Ø
- 129003: 500 mm clearance Ø
Hinged Magnetising Coil
With easy-to-operate locking handle. Number of turns: 3
- 129020: 200 mm clearance Ø
- 129021: 350 mm clearance Ø
- 129022: 500 mm clearance Ø
Minden Type Coil
For testing rail wheels. Needs to be connected to a power pack; we recommend our Ferrotest range, depending on the lengths of the connecting cables and the size of the magnetising coil.
- 129710: for wheels disks with rolling circles up to 920 mm (Minden type 1000)
- 129713: for wheels disks with rolling circles up to 1,250 mm (Minden type 1300)
Conductors and adaptors
Our conductors and adaptors will add flexibility to your MPI units.
Insulated copper bar for applying circular magnetisation to hollow parts (for example, components that have through-holes or thin walls), or when there is insufficient current available for single-shot magnetisation.
- 028T002 – 12mm diameter x 300 mm long
- 028T004 – 25mm diameter x 600 mm long
Our auxiliary adaptors enable our standard bench units to test small parts. Mounted directly to either the head or tail stock, the solid copper adaptors maintain adequate clearance to proper clamping action.
For connection to high current cables.
- 129102: Type DIX PM 70 with lug connector. Suitable for powerpacks with a test current up to 6,000 A.
- 129103: Magnet cross contact with lug connector (12 pieces required)
To be fixed at handles and connected to high current cables.
Handles for installation of the melt-off electrodes: consisting of one handle with control cable and one handle without control cable.
Part number 056200
|Part number||Type||Test current|
|129110||A||up to 1500 A|
|129111||B||1500 – 3000 A|
|129112||C||3100 – 8000 A|
Our spring-loaded contact clamps enable easier and more accurate inspection of tubing, bars and tubular assemblies, such as aircraft engine mounts, fuselage sections and large welded structures.
Connected to terminals of portable units or contacts blocks on wet units by lugs and flexible cables, our contact clamps can be used with parts up to 6.35 mm (2.5″) in diameter.
Part number: 023C002