Product Data Sheet – MAGNAGLO MG-MX Carrier II
Oil-based Carrier Fluid
MAGNAGLO® MG-MX Carrier II is an oil-based carrier fluid for the suspension of wet method magnetic particles .It provides excellent particle mobility, good suspension stability and enhanced corrosion protection. Carrier II has virtually no odour and contains special additives to minimise background fluorescence when using fluorescent materials.
Facilitates fast, reliable inspection
- Increases inspection speed and reliability by quickly wetting the entire test surface.
- Magnetic particle baths last longer due to slow evaporation, and are less susceptible to contamination from bacteria or fungus.
- Protects magnetic particles like 14A from wear-and-tear, and keeps them evenly dispersed throughout the bath.
Improves operator comfort
- Made with a highly refined oil to reduce skin irritations.
- Low odour for a nicer work environment.
More inspection flexibility
- Can be used for virtually all magnetic particle inspections.
- Conforms to all major international magnetic particle testing specifications.
- Prevents corrosion of most alloys and eliminates post-inspection processing for corrosion protection.
Safer to use
- Reduces Health & Safety concerns with its high flash point and low toxicity.
- Suitable for use anywhere without worrying about fire or biological hazards.
Increases equipment life-span
- Protects magnetic particle equipment from internal rust and corrosion, to help keep expensive machines running longer with less downtime.
- Provides excellent particle mobility
- Good dispersion stability
- Protects parts and equipment against corrosion
- Provides superior wetting and surface coverage
- Low maintenance oil-based suspension
- Very low toxicity
- High flash point
- Low volatility
- Wide temperature stability
- Infrequently used systems
- When maintaining particle concentration is critical.
- Inspections where corrosion protection is vital.
- When water might pose an electrical hazard.
- On high strength alloys
A blend of petroleum distillates.
- ASME B & PV Code, Sec V
- ASTM D93
- ASTM E1444/E1444M
- ASTM E709
- EN ISO 9934-2
- NAVSEA T9074-AS-GIB-010/271
- Pratt & Whitney PMC 1887-1
|Form and colour||Clear liquid|
|Flash point||> 93°C|
||< 250 ppm|
||< 250 ppm|
Like all Magnaflux materials, MG-MX Carrier II Oil is closely controlled to ensure batch-to-batch consistency, optimum process control and inspection reliability.
||Magnetic Particle Testing, Wet Method|
|Storage temperature||10°C to 30°C|
|Usage temperature||-5°C to 50°C|
|Fluorescent magnetic particles||14A, MG 410, MG 601|
Instructions for Use
Clean the component before testing to ensure a suitable test surface and prolong bath life.
Add your magnetic powder to MG-MX Carrier II at the required concentration and mix thoroughly. Check the ink strength before use.
You will need to continually agitate the ink during testing to ensure an even suspension of particles.
During use, the magnetic content of any ink will become depleted so you will need to check it at least once a day. The most widely-used way of checking an ink’s settlement volume is by using a graduated ASTM pear-shaped centrifuge tube.
When the settlement volume approaches the lower limit, you can add more powder/concentrate to the bath as long as it is still clean and uncontaminated. If the bath looks contaminated, or if it has been in use for a long time, replace the contents.
After inspection, remember to completely de-magnetise your components before cleaning, to ensure easy removal of any residual powder particles.
Packaging and Part Numbers
Part number 058C024
Part number 058C028
Health & Safety
Review all relevant health and safety information before using this product. For complete health and safety information, refer to the relevant Safety Data Sheet.