Product Data Sheet – ZYGLO ZP-9F
ZYGLO® ZP-9F is a non-halogenated, ready-to-use, solvent-based developer. White developing particles suspended in fast-drying solvent produce an opaque white coating for a contrasting background around penetrant indications, for both fluorescent and visible inspection processes.
Increases indication visibility
- Improves indication detection by creating an optimal surface for penetrant indication formation.
- Bright white, opaque coverage blocks all underlying surface color and quickly draws penetrant to the surface for stronger, clearer indications.
- Can be used with a variety of Type 2 and Type 1 penetrants in many different situations without measuring or diluting.
- EN ISO 3452 conformance allows SKD-S2 to be used to inspect a wide range of parts.
- The solvent blend in SKD-S2 makes it suitable for use at low temperatures, especially around 0°C and lower, where using water would be impractical.
- Reduces inspection process time by minimising post-inspection cleaning.
- Bright white color
- Provides good background contrast
- Wicks penetrant out of indications
- Fast drying
- Easy to apply
- Convenient, ready-to-use formula
- Very low toxicity
- Matte, opaque coating
- Easy to clean
- Maximum sensitivity
- Low in sulphur and halogens
- Contains no chlorinated hydrocarbons
- Suitable for use at low temperatures
Defect location: open to surface
- Leak testing
- Pressure vessels
- Petroleum pipelines
- Power plant components
- Automotive metalwork
- Off-highway equipment
- Farm equipment
A blend of inert inorganic particles suspended in an isopropanol and acetone mix.
- ASME B & PV Code, Sec V
- ASTM E165/E165M-18
- ASTM E1417/E1417M
- Pratt & Whitney PMC 4357-2
- Propan-2-ol content = 10.8%
- Rolls Royce RRP 58003 (CSS 232)
- SAFRAN Pr 5000/In 5000
|Form and colour||White liquid|
|AMS 2644 class||Form d – Type 1
Form e – Type 2
||-6°C (bulk product); -40°C (aerosol)|
||< 300 ppm|
||< 300 ppm|
|Corrosion||Meets AMS 2644|
Like all Magnaflux materials, ZP-9F is closely controlled to ensure batch-to-batch consistency, optimum process control and inspection reliability.
|Storage temperature||10°C to 30°C|
||-5°C to 50°C|
|Coverage||20 – 30m² per litre
10 – 15m² per aerosol
|Water-washable penetrants||AL-4B, SKL-WP2, SKL-LT, ZL-15B, ZL-19, ZL-60C, ZL-60D, ZL-67B, ZL-56|
|Post-emulsifiable penetrants||SKL-SP2, SKL-LT, ZL-2C, ZL-27A, ZL-37|
|UV lamps||EV6000, ST700|
Instructions for Use
Before using any developer, ensure the test surface is clean, free from excess penetrant, and dry. Residue from water-based penetrants can be removed with a water spray; solvent-based penetrants by wiping with a solvent cleaner.
With visible penetrants, cracks will appear as red lines and porosity as spots. If you see a general reddish colour or pink film, that means the penetrant was not completely removed.
With fluorescent penetrants, indications will fluoresce bright yellow/green under UV light. If you see a general greenish film, that means the penetrant was not completely removed.
If left to stand, the developer particles will settle out of suspension. ZP-9F must be continually agitated/shaken during use to ensure uniformity of mix.
Apply by spraying only (dipping or brushing will cause excessive solvent action) by aerosol or conventional spray gun. Spray in thin even layers which just wet the
surface. Too wet a spray will cause excessive bleeding and running of indications; too dry a spray will result in slow indication development, as well as possible loss in overall sensitivity.
After inspection, remove developer residue by wiping with a cloth, or use a water and detergent wash.
Packaging and Part Numbers
Part number 008A010 (x 10)
Health & Safety
Review all relevant health and safety information before using this product. For complete health and safety information, refer to the relevant Safety Data Sheet.