Product Data Sheet – ZYGLO ZE-4B
ZYGLO® ZE-4B is a Method B lipophilic emulsifier designed to be used with our post-emulsifiable penetrants ZL-2C, ZL-27A and ZL-37. ZE-4B diffuses into the penetrant to clear it from the surface of the part being inspected. It can then be rinsed off with water, carrying the penetrant with it.
- Low volatility
- High flash point
- Fast acting for quick processing times
- Supplied ready to use
- Safe to use on all aerospace alloys, e.g. aluminium, steel, nickel, titanium
- ASME B & PV Code, Sec V
- ASTM E165/E165M-18
- ASTM E1417/E1417M
Defect location: open to surface
- Use in open immersion tanks
A blend of emulsifying agents and oils.
|Form and colour||Pink/red liquid|
|Flash point||> 93°C|
|Viscosity||25 mm²/s at 38°C|
|Sulphur content||< 1,000 ppm|
|Chloride content||< 1,000 ppm|
Like all Magnaflux materials, ZE-4B is closely controlled to ensure batch-to-batch consistency, optimum process control and inspection reliability.
|Storage temperature||10°C to 30°C|
|Usage temperature||5°C to 55°C|
Instructions for Use
ZE-4B is ready to use as supplied.
Immersion dip method:
- Pre-clean the test part.
- Apply penetrant and allow contact time.
- Immerse part in the emulsifier bath for required time (normally 30 – 60 seconds).
- Drain the part, then rinse with water
- Allow to dry
- Apply developer
- Inspect part
- Post-clean with a clean water spray to remove any penetrant/emulsifier residues.
Packaging and Part Numbers
Part number 065C023
Health & Safety
Review all relevant health and safety information before using this product. For complete health and safety information, refer to relevant Safety Data Sheet.