Product Data Sheet – SPOTCHECK SKC-S
SPOTCHECK® SKC-S is a solvent cleaner/remover for pre-cleaning before testing and for removing excess surface penetrant from an inspection area before applying developer. This non-halogenated solvent remover can be used on a wide range of substrates to remove oils, greases and other contaminants, and leaves minimal residue when it evaporates.
Maximise range of inspections
- Inspect a wide range of components
- Conforms to AMS 2644 Class 2, ASME BPVC and all major aerospace requirements
- Use a single cleaner throughout the entire penetrant testing process
- Comes in both bulk and aerosol forms for convenience
Minimise risk of missing a flaw
- Inspect reliably by cleaning only the surface without flushing penetrant out of discontinuities
- Dries quickly without leaving residue to prevent false indications
- Fast drying
- Leaves no residue
- Suitable for use at low temperatures
- Alloy compatibility
- Bulk or aerosol form
- Doesn’t over clean
- ASME B & PV Code, Sec V
- ASTM D129
- ASTM 1135
- ASTM E165/E165M-18
- ASTM E1417/E1417M
- EN ISO 3452-1
- EN ISO 3452-2
- Pratt & Whitney PMC 4366
- Non-destructive testing pre-cleaning
- Removing excess surface penetrant
- Post inspection cleaning
- When chlorinated solvents are undesirable or prohibited
A blend of aliphatic petroleum distillates.
|Form and colour||Clear colourless liquid|
|Flash point||-40°C (aerosol); 7°C (bulk product)|
|Corrosion||Meets AMS 2644 Class 2|
|Viscosity||0.86 mm²/s at 25°C|
|Sulphur content||< 300 ppm|
|Chloride content||< 300 ppm|
|Fluoride content||< 50 ppm|
Like all Magnaflux materials, SKC-S is closely controlled to ensure batch-to-batch consistency, optimum process control and inspection reliability.
|Storage temperature||10°C to 30°C|
|Usage temperature||-5°C to 50°C|
|Water-washable penetrants||AL-4B, SKL-WP2, SKL-LT, ZL-15B, ZL-19, ZL-60C, ZL-60D, ZL-67B, ZL-56|
|Post-emulsifiable penetrants||SKL-SP2, SKL-LT, ZL-2C, ZL-27A, ZL-37|
Instructions for Use
Pre or post cleaning
- Spray the surfaces to be cleaned liberally with the cleaner, and either wipe off or allow to air dry.
- Alternatively, soak a clean cloth with the cleaner and wipe the part clean. Allow the part to dry thoroughly before applying the penetrant.
- Wet a clean dry lint-free cloth with the cleaner and wipe the inspection area.
- DO NOT spray or apply directly to the inspection surface as this will impair sensitivity.
Packaging and Part Numbers
Health & Safety
Part number 008A100 (x 10)
Part number 054C007 (x 4)
Part number 054C008