Product Data Sheet – BYCOTEST C10
BYCOTEST® C10 is a solvent cleaner for pre-cleaning before testing, for removing excess surface penetrant from an inspection area before applying developer, and for removing contrast paint.
C10 can be used on a wide range of substrates to remove oils, greases and other contaminants, and leaves minimal residue when it evaporates.
Maximise range of inspections
- Inspect a wide range of components
- Conforms to ASME BPVC
- Use a single cleaner throughout the entire penetrant testing process
- Supplied in aerosol for convenience
Minimise risk of missing a flaw
- Inspect reliably by cleaning only the surface without flushing penetrant out of discontinuities
- Dries quickly without leaving residue to prevent false indications
- Fast drying
- Leaves no residue
- Doesn’t over clean
- Suitable for use at low temperatures
- Can be used with all of our penetrants, magnetic particle products and contrast paints
- ASME B & PV Code, Sec V
- EN ISO 3452-2
- EN ISO 9934-2
- GOST R ISO 9934-2-2011
- Removing white contrast paints
- Cleaning at low temperatures
A blend of alcohols.
|Form and colour||Clear colourless liquid|
|Flash point||-40°C (aerosol); 12°C (bulk product)|
|Sulphur content||< 200 ppm|
|Halogen content||< 200 ppm|
|Fluoride content||< 50 ppm|
Like all Magnaflux materials, C10 is closely controlled to ensure batch-to-batch consistency, optimum process control and inspection reliability.
|Storage temperature||10°C to 30°C|
|Usage temperature||-5°C to 50°C|
Instructions for Use
Pre or post cleaning
- Spray the surfaces to be cleaned liberally with the cleaner, and either wipe off or allow to air dry.
- Alternatively, soak a clean cloth with the cleaner and wipe the part clean. Allow the part to dry thoroughly before applying the penetrant.
- Wet a clean, dry, lint-free cloth with the cleaner and wipe the inspection area.
- DO NOT spray or apply directly to the inspection surface as this will impair the sensitivity.
Contrast paint removal
- Wet a clean, dry, lint-free cloth with C10 and wipe the area covered with contrast paint.
- Alternatively, spray the area with C10, leave for a few seconds to soften the paint, then wipe with a clean cloth.
Packaging and Part Numbers
Part number 008A174 (x 10)
Part number 060C0361
Health & Safety
Review all relevant health and safety information before using this product. For complete health and safety information, refer to the relevant Safety Data Sheet.